The Apex Team
Medical Services - the Foundation of Your Skin's Health
How Can We Help You?
- Patient Forms
Your Partner in the Defense of Your Skin
Our first step in determining exactly what your skin needs is a full skin exam. From there, we can create a plan for the health and beauty of your skin.
Medications or topical treatments often treat most common symptoms. However, skin cancers and other irregularities may require a biopsy to analyze the skin tissue through a microscope. These are performed with local anesthesia and do not require any down time. Our office will follow up with the results typically within a week. Dr. Harp reads her own pathology and has seen tens of thousands of cases during her career.
If further surgery is required, Dr. Harp performs MOHS Surgery - the most precise form of skin cancer surgery. Dr. Harp is a Board Certified member of the American Society of Dermatologic Surgeons and an Associate of the American Society of Mohs Surgery.
Your skin changes over the course of your life. Dr. Harp enjoys treating patients of all ages and ethnicities. The greatest honor for her is when a patient brings in their entire family for care.
Skin Issues We Treat
- Actinic Keratoses
- Skin Cancers
- Hair Loss
- Nail disease
- Skin Disorders (shingles, seborrheic keratosis, icthyosis, keloidal scarring)
- Mole, Wart and Cyst removal
- Rashes and Allergic reactions
10 Tips for Healthy Skin
2. Wear a hat
3. Enjoy outdoor activities before 10AM and after 2PM
4. Use non-soap cleansers
5. If you use soap, only wash the "smelly parts"
6. Moisturize after showering to keep your skin hydrated
7. Don't pick zits
8. Drink lots of water
9. See the doctor if you have a mole or wound that doesn't seem "right"
10. Keep trying to quit smoking
New Tools in the Fight Against Skin Cancer
Our dermatologists detect AKs early and now with BLU-U® Blue Light Photodynamic Therapy in conjunction with Levulan Kerasticks® there is a safe and effective way to treat them with no down time.
LEVULAN KERASTICK® and BLU-U® is a unique two-part treatment that uses a light activated drug therapy to destroy AKs. The LEVULAN KERASTICK® topical solution is applied to the AK which absorbs the solution and converts it into a chemical that makes the cells extremely sensitive to light. When the AK cells are exposed to the BLU-U® Blue Light Illuminator, a reaction occurs which destroys the AK cells.
• No prescription to fill
• No daily medication to remember
• Treatment is administered by a qualified healthcare professional
LEVULAN KERASTICK® and BLU-U® fits your lifestyle:
• The 2-part, 2 office visit treatment is completed in less than 24 hours
• Low downtime
• High ratings for cosmetic response
• No scarring reported to date
Patients treated with LEVULAN KERASTICK and BLU-U PDT should avoid exposure of the photosensitized lesions to sunlight or prolonged or intense light for at least 40 hours.
Clear 95% of Psoriasis and Vitiligo with the remarkable XTRAC laser.
- Effective treatment—symptoms reduced generally in 10-12 treatment sessions
- Long-lasting relief—typically several months free of symptoms"
- Simple, painless treatment—sessions are very short
- Relief without messy creams and daily skin care regimen
- Covered by most major insurance companies, available by Rx
The content/images on this website are not a guarantee of individual results. Individual results may vary. The information provided on this site is for general informational purposes only, and does not replace the need for a formal consultation with a physician before undergoing a procedure or skin care treatment.